Modern Programming Techniques
Final Exam Topic List
The exam is cumulative with an emphasis on the topics covered since the last exam: recursion, JavaFX.
- Java's notion of the Collection, a List, a Set, and a Map interfaces.
- How to iterate over a collection (without using the enhanced for loop) -- i.e.,
for (Iterator iter = …
- superclasses/subclasses, superinterfaces/subinterfaces, classes implementing interfaces
- Why putting thing into a (raw) collection is an upcast, while removing from a collection requires a downcast
- The basics of various collections:
ArrayList (resizeable array)
PriorityQueue (removed in priority order),
- The difference between the Hash and Tree versions of Set and Map
- Using an
- Using a
- Raw vs generics
- The enhanced for loop
- applications, stages, scenes, nodes, panes, shapes
- event handling: events, event sources, event-handler methods, listeners, registering for an event (
- You should be able to read a simple application involving buttons and text fields and/or shapes
Phonebook Version 3
- You should be able to answer questions about the project, e.g. how the ArrayList or Map was used,
how the data was read in , etc.